Friday, June 19, 2009

It's hot outside


It is hot outside.....Florida hot here in TN. 100+ heat index.......while I do miss Florida......my a/c is not keeping up with the heat. The kids are cranky, mommy is sleepy and tired and it has been such a stressful day my eyelid is twitching. It had stopped doing that but today it started back.....guess it is an indication of how stressful today was.

Speaking of hot......we are not going to Florida for vacation like we'd planned. It just isn't in the budget. We will do somehting locally but WILL take some kind of vacation. Now I gotta tell my Dad.....we haven't seen him in over a year.....and he is getting frail.....maybe we could go to Alabama to see him for a weekend or something. Despite the past.......I love my Dad......that is what forgiveness does for you. Would I let my kids be disciplined by him.........not on your LIFE! But I love him and miss him. Since Father's day is this weekend ...it had me thinking....I had far from the perfect father.....one who was down right abusive at times....but you know what...I love him. And his strict.....beyond strict ways protected me from a lot.........and it kept my faith strong because the Father I could depend on in those hard times was my heavenly Father.....and my Daddy.......well he loved me........in the best bumbling way he could. I hold no ill towards him. And I want him to be blessed. So Daddy....even if you can't read this nor would I show it to you cause you wouldn't understand what I am saying....since you "don't remember" being abusive.........I love you. I am glad you were my Daddy.......and thank you for being you......despite the rough hard things.......I love you.

0 comments: