Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Child free.. and other random thoughts

well the extras for today anyway. I still have my 3 but I have no extra little ones in my home today. It is kind of a strange feeling...and I wish I'd known beforehand and I'd have slept really late and not gotten up and dressed....I'd have stayed in my jammies until noon.

I do enjoy babysitting, don't get me wrong but sometimes it is nice to just be me and my three. I do keep nursery tonight but that generally isn't a big deal.

So this afternoon, weather permitting we are going to the Y to swim.

Speaking of the Y and getting fit.....I have logged 4.5 miles of exercise this week! I have officially lost TWO pounds......hopefully by working out at the pace I am more will come off quickly. I do have more energy.

The best thing is...I have also been very good about getting up early...BEFORE the children and doing my Bible study before they get up and start causing distraction. They aren't being bad...just being kids that need Mommy's attention. This is incredible in the outlook I have just by doing this. I also find myself praying more throughout the day. This morning I woke up with praise songs on my heart, mind and lips.

During my morning workout...I put praise and worship music and power walked to the video in time to that music instead of the talking of the hostess. It was awesome.

I feel good. I feel refreshed. I feel strong. I feel powerful. God is good and I hope I can keep this up. I am determined to make this my daily way of doing things...both the exercise of the body and my spirit and mind.

0 comments: