Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday

What I am thankful for most of all is my salvation. I am also thankful for my husband and my children. Too often I don't let them know how truly thankful I am for them. However, we do have a tradition in our family. When we put our children to bed, or during odd moments throughtout the day, we tell our children "You are a blessing to me". We let them know that no matter what they do or say, we are thankful for them.

We have good children. They really are good. Oh they can be naughty but they are so good for the most part. They see life through faith filled eyes. They are an inspiration to me because if I say I have a headache they drop what they are doing and say "Let me pray for you Mama". It is so sweet. At the tender young age of 7(well Sunday he will be 7) and 3, my older two children are so open to the Lord and see faith as a vital part of their lives. Watching them grow in faith, teaches me faith. When I make a mistake as a Mommy, and I ask for them to forgive me, and we pray, they always say "It's okay Mommy, I love you, no matter what". Their first reaction to trouble is prayer. Yet, we dont force feed them the word or have them down on their knees at all hours of the day. We just live our lives to the best of our abilities and try to be good examples. So I am thankful that what we are doing is sticking. As the faith light grows in their eyes, I see mighty potential for His kingdom.

0 comments: