Thursday, October 18, 2007

Goals

My goals as a mom are pretty much the same as they have always been. Yet I am still stiving to achieve them. I want to have a deeper walk with God. I want to spend more time with Him in the Word and prayer. I want to pray more with my children and read more of the Word to them. I fail too often in this area because of our schedule, bed time and a myriad of other excuse. I don't play with them as much as I used to either. I want my children to know God in a more intimate way. I want them to know Mommy is not to busy to build leggos with them or play tea party. Like Paul said what I want to do I do not do and what I don't want to do, that I do. Too often I am quick to snap, I have to finish this, go play. As I grow in motherhood I seek to find ways to make a difference in their lives and the lives around me.

So for the next week I am going to try and do the following:
1. Get up and do my devotions and prayer time BEFORE the kids get up(not always easy for a non morning person).
2. Do chores quickly and effeciently.
3. Do preschool time more consistently.
4. Read the Word to and with the children DAILY.
5. pray with the children daily other than saying grace and nighttime prayers.
6. Spend more time building up their Daddy and encouraging him.
7. Make a schedule and stick to it.
8. Play with the kids, get down on the floor and play with the kids.
9. Play praise and worship music or Christian Radio in the house.
10. Be more consitant in helping Christopher with his Junior Bible Quiz.
11. Spend some one on one time with each child.
12. Read more to Jennifer, just Jennifer so she can take the time to point at the pictures, instead of rushing through the story for the older kids who want to get to the next page.

1 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Good for you. It takes a very strong yet humble attitude to evaluate yourself and formulate a plan to improve. I am praying even now that you will be able to become consistant in the areas that you have listed. I'm working on a few myself.

May God continue to order your steps.