Friday, January 1, 2010

One of those days...

The kids stayed up last night to see in the New Year. Then they were up before 8 am. To say they are crabby, would be an understatement. The are worse than Lucy from the Peanuts on a bad day. Putting them down for a nap is not an option because our schedule is so far off. We have company coming later for birthday cake. At this point, they have all been in tears at one time or another. I have almost been in tears. I am ready to never ever let them stay up late again. I thought it would be fun, and it was. However, the aftermath is like revenge of the crabby monsters.

Mike surprised me with a sweater and two shirts for my birthday. I was very surprised, since we were not getting anything for each other this year. I was unable to get him anything for his birthday on Christmas. I owe him. He did it just because he wanted to, not to be superior. He loves me and wanted me to have something.

I really wish the day was less crabby for the kids. It has been one of those days and I am praying we make it to bedtime. There may have to be some more discipline enter the pictures. Some has already been meted out and it has made a slight difference. Although, it does seem akin to nailing Jello to the wall.

Now I am off, to ready the house for company. Mike is helping but it has to be done and he can't do it all.

2 comments:

Burkulater said...

Happy Birthday!

My kids are terrible right now too.

Unknown said...

thank you. Well the little one seems to be under the weather and she has an earache. That would explain her crabbiness but not that of the other two. After cake and such, we finally got them in bed. They are sleeping. The little one woke up screaming with her ear and we have given her motrin. She has no fever. Poor little tyke.