Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for so many things:

  • I am so thankful for coffee in all it's warm, creamy goodness. Especially after sleepless nights or restless nights should I say.
  • I am thankful for a snow day, even if there was no actual snow to fall.
  • I am thankful I have only 3 children. Being babysitter of 2 and having my 3 home today has shown me great wisdom. The little ones I keep are precious. I would not trade them for the world. But having 5 kids, ages 3.5 months, 21 months, 3 years, 6 years and 9 years, has shown me, not everyone is cut out to have that many children in the same small living room at the same time. Sweetness gets you only so far when 2 or more are crying or being crabby.
  • I am thankful for my husband. He works hard. He thinks I am beautiful even when I am wearing spit up or have had a bad day and am looking rather unattractive in body and spirit. :o) He is a great Dad. I told him the other day how I am so thankful he is a Daddy who is there for his kids. Who shows them love in so many wonderful ways. Even when it is having a "sword fight" with 3 children who pretend Daddy is the dragon and they are the Knights. It refreshes my soul when he plays with his children.
  • I am thankful for people in my life who DO encourage me and seek to let me know something I have done matters. After all, let's face it, sometimes we need to hear that what we do matters.
  • Personally, I am thankful for technology that brings us blogs and facebook. I think it can be such a tool to be connected to others, give encouragement and be a witness. As with all tools, one must find balance. Sometimes, my balance can get a bit skewed, but then to I am a work in progress.
  • I am thankful for my Lord. He has a way of bringing me back in balance when things get skewed. He loves me, just as I am, without one plea but that His blood was shed for me. (I( I love that song).
  • I am thankful that God is showing me some new things for this year. I have to learn to implement them, but again, I am a work in progress.

1 comments:

Deana said...

Great things to be thankful for Thelma!