Saturday, June 23, 2007

Shocking Saturday

Shocking Saturday.......
or part of it was......LOL. Read on......

It started out pretty well, actually. The children let me "SLEEP IN" and slept in until 8:15 am. This is a phenomenal event as usually rain or shine Jennifer is up no later than 6:30 am. I relished in my sleep. Ahh what a feeling, to sleep! Then the kids and I got up, had breakfast and got ready to go out. Mike was already at work. It is so nice that he works only a couple of blocks away now. Anyway, we had some errands to do. I did the first errand and then realized just how low the tire on the van is and went to get air in it. Alas someone had stolen the air nozzle at the Gate gas station and I could not put air in my tire. Then I decided to go to the tire place as the tires are still new. They were closed. So I put air in at Shell and so far so good. Then we head for the local hospital as I have to pick up xray films for Jennifer's ENT appointment on Monday. We wondered around the first floor hallway for a bit before FINALLY we found someone to help us and direct us to the right place. I got my films and headed out the door. To be greeted by a rather SHOCKING site. Now I know at a hospital you will occasionally(lol) see people in their hospital nightgowns outside. But this took the cake. Here was this woman walking down the sidewalk with her plastic belongings bag in one hand and JUST a hospital gown on. YES......that is all she had on......

'myspace


I told Christopher to look at the birds and the cars etc etc....... She was yelling rather loudly that her boyfriend was not there to pick her up and several other things I could not quite understand. To which I am probably greatful. She then walks up to me and the kids and says "do you live in LP". I said yes. Then she asked for a ride. Now normally I wouldn't mind helping someone out....but here is this rather naked lady wondering around a parking lot yelling at no one in particular and my mommy radar was going about 100 miles an hour. If I had been just by myself I probably would have helped her. But first I dont know this woman and second....she is NAKED accept for a hospital gown. I really did not want a naked woman in my car in front of my 6 year old son much less my dear daughters. Thankfully I was headed the opposite way and truthfully told her, "I am sorry I am headed the opposite way. Is there anyone else you can call, and also pointed out the direction of the desk in the lobby. Now, I am afraid this poor woman will show up at the church one day and recognize me as the person who would not give her a ride. But here I am with my 3 children, who I tell all the time NOT to talk to strangers or take rides with strangers etc. So I was not about to give an almost naked stranger a ride. Yes, she probably was upset and probably needed help. But I could not bring myself to let her in my car. We went on about our day and nothing else as shocking happened. Hopefully that was enough shock for today. Christopher did end up seeing more than I wanted him to do....after all there she was out there for all to see. His eyes were HUGE but at least he didnt say a thing or ask questions. Hopefully there will be no questions. Hannah must not have noticed or she would have pointed out the lady did NOT have on panties......LOL. Panties are a big deal to Hannah. So I guess my shock is over. I grew up in a small town and LP is small but no one I ever grew up with or around walked around half naked in front of everybody. As I was loading the kids in their car seats she came back out of the hospital and had decided to put on the clothing in her belongings back and got into a van. So I guess her ride arrived. However, she gave me a dirty look. But come on, did she really expect for a stranger with 3 little children to give her a ride while naked? The world may never know. I saw way too much and hope I dont see such a sight again any time soon!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

LOL You did the right thing...she was obviously a bubble off and who knows what she could have done...I mean she did walk around outside just about naked!

Unknown said...

OMG What a shock! glad all is ok now, and glad you didnt give her a ride, she sounded like a NUTT Job!

Unknown said...

LOL......thanks yall. And if I ever were to walk around half naked with my butt shining for all to see......you would KNOW something had gone seriously wrong...unless of course I had to run out naked to save my children....other than that.... I will barely wear a swimsuit in public.....LOL.