Monday, March 20, 2017

Day 6-Three personality traits I am proud of

To be quite honest this one is uncomfortable for me. I don't like talking about myself or bragging, but here goes.


  1. I am good with kids. I always have been good with kids. The younger women at work call me the "baby whisperer". LOL. I love kids and I love to get on their level and play with them or let them just be kids. I love seeing them develop and grow as they learn so many new skills so quickly.
  2. I am compassionate. I believe this comes from my Granny Thelma. She was one of the most compassionate people I have ever know. Add to that, we spent a year in LaPaz, Bolivia when I was little that impacted my life greatly. I never forgot the poverty or sadness in people's eyes.
  3. I forgive easily. I learned long ago that unforgiveness can hurt you physically, emotionally and spiritually. I learned that forgiveness isn't about saying what the other person did was okay but it is giving you freedom. It is taking the power from the person that hurt you away from that person, at least where the pain is concerned. They can't hurt you with what they did to you if it no longer caused you pain because you have let go and given all of it to God. Forgiveness isn't about the person that hurt you, but about freedom from that person and the pain.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

All very good traits to have. <3

Unknown said...

I am a work in progress but I am trying to be the type of person that makes a difference. Thank you.