Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Walking on Water

Over the weekend I was sick with a nasty cold.....I felt so awful and on Sunday had to call out of keeping the nursery. I took benadryl and slept most of the day.

My kids....prayed for me and it blessed me.

Christopher was praying for me and said "Dear Jesus help mommy feel better and refresh her...her...her....just make her refreshed when she wakes up".

It was so precious. The girls prayed for me too and I thought I would remember what they said.....because it was beyond adorable and I wanted to remember...but having taken benadryl I could not function enough to write it down and now I can't remember....but suffice it to say....their child like faith blew me away.


They pray simply because they want too. Too often I say I'll pray about something and get distracted......and don't pray about it right then.......and have forgotten the request......we have all done that...but my kids don't think twice about praying NOW! I need to take that lesson to heart.

As of late God is teaching me more about keeping my eyes on Him despite the wind and waves....as long as I keep my eyes on Him...I can walk on water...the minute I take my eyes off......I sink into despair...frustration and so much more. I am trying to keep my eyes on Jesus even when the storm...small or large makes no sense. when I can keep my eyes on Him.....I walk on water of victory....joy and faith. The storms quiets and the waves seem like nothing....cause my eyes are on Jesus...the master of the winds and the rains......so I am praying I walk on water more instead of letting my eyes and faith get distracted by the circumstances.

6 comments:

junglemama said...

Lovely post. Great reminder. Kids are so simple yet so powerful-- they can teach us alot about how to pray.

Unknown said...

thank you...God is so good to teach us in so many ways...especially through our children

Barry and Amy said...

You have the sweetest kiddos!!

Unknown said...

thank you....they have their ornery moments too but I too think I have some sweeties...thanks again.

Burkulater said...

Awe :) Too sweet :)

I love listening to their little prayers. It's so precious.

Unknown said...

thanks so much.....