Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Her gift to Jesus

We are attending a Kids Crusade. Last night Jennifer did not want to be left out when the minister asked who wanted Jesus in their heart. She raised her hand and insisted on going to pray. Now I know at not yet 3 she does not really understand what it means to accept Christ but there is no way I would ever deny my child's request to go forward and pray. Even if she is just praying for God to bless Mommy and Daddy and help me be a good girl......I will let her. She was so cute praying with Mommy. Anyway, on the way home I talked to the kids how when we accept Jesus in our hearts He does not leave nor forsake us. Just because we make mistakes doesn't mean He walks out of our hearts. All we have to do is admit to Jesus we are sorry and to help us do better and He will but He will never leave nor forsake us.

Then Jennifer pipes up and says

"I tell you sumpin Mommy"

I said

What Baby

She said

"I gived Desus my ball"


Now to some this would be a silly conversation proving she knows nothing about giving herself to the Lord......but I say she just preached a sermon with those simple words.

She loves her ball, she loves playing with her ball and it is one of her most favorite toys. She just gave Jesus her favorite thing...what she considers her best! What a message! If we gave Jesus our favorite things...our best things.......what could we do for Him?

Oh and I had to repent from holding some things back from the Lord.......cause I forget sometimes and try to hold onto the things I should leave in His hands.

5 comments:

Barry and Amy said...

Thelma! How sweet! Sounds like you are doing a great job of instilling a love of God in their hearts!

Shawna said...

She is precious!

Unknown said...

thanks so much

Burkulater said...

There are things like that that we all could give, huh?! What a sweet girl. You're raising her right.

William Dunigan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.