Thursday, May 28, 2009

Joy in the journey..

Finding joy in the journey some days is a choice. Realizing you can't let someone else's pity party rain on your parade is a choice too. I reflect on yesterday's events and I am not letting the events mar my memory of my sweet girl graduating Preschool. I choose joy.......joy in chaos..........joy in the pain.......joy through the rain........I choose JOY.

As I sit here watching my children play and knowing these moments are but for a moment.......I can not let someone else's issues effect them or me.

Joy despite heartache......is possible........but not easy. It is only achieved through Jesus...and sometimes you have to push through....fight for it.....am doing that.

Forgiveness is a part of that...is it easy......no not always. Forgiving my children for cutting each other's hair is easy.......forgiving someone for causing conflict and emotional pain on such a special day.........not so easy. But Jesus said I must forgive.......not that I am a better person.....but because I am forgiven......so I must forgive.


Today is a new day. The sun is shining....my children's laughter lights the room with energy and vitality. The sound of their joy......warming and touching everything around them.....like the sun on the morning dew.

I am blessed and I am a child of an almighty King......who has saved and forgiven me to the uttermost. I am His child and He finds joy in His children....just as I find joy in my children. We delight Him......as much (more actually) as our children delight us. You are a delight to the Lord......He longs to talk with us.......commune with us......comfort us.....strengthen us.......all we have to do.....is Go to Him.....He is upholding us.......waiting for us...to call on Him for all we need cause He can and will provide it.

So today.......I find joy in the journey.......and I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus my Lord.

4 comments:

Barry and Amy said...

As always, your attitude is so refreshing.

Unknown said...

thank you.....and it comes only through lots of tears and prayer and determination....trust me I had me temper tantrum about it but made sure I was by myself when I had it.......LOL. That and when I do need a good cry my husband has strong, strong arms......and knows how to soothe and comfort and cheer me up......I am blessed

Burkulater said...

You're so real. Great post.

Unknown said...

thanks so much...and I appreciate it....I try hard to be real......and genuine in all I do. thanks for that.