Monday, May 11, 2009

Once in a while...God reminds you....

that life.........though hard and filled with trials......there are those who have faced deeper trials....walked harder paths...endured greater sorrows......and that He walked with EVERY one of them. Just as He walked with them...He walks with me...even on days I feel so overwhelmed my head aches and my bones are weary and my heart wants to sit down and shed a thousand tears...He walks with me. I am NEVER alone.

Tonight our local news featured a Mommy blogger...from..Bring the Rain...it is her story...the story of a precious baby girl who in her very short time upon this earth changed her world. The story of a mother, a family whose faith in the face of sorrow and loss grew ever stronger.

I am humbled......I am in need of repentance for taking the naughty things my children do for granted. I am in need of getting down on my knees and thanking my Lord for what I do have and for having "stumbled" across this story for in so doing one little girl, named Audrey......had changed me too.

Dear Lord,My Savior, My King:

Let me be every mindful that every moment with my children is precious. Regardless of the times I have to clean up messes that aggravate me. Regardless of sleepless nights...these moments.........ALL of them...are GIFTS from a mighty God.......a God who formed these precious children within my womb and created their destiny in Him. All He asks is that I nurture every moment......moments that feed the destiny He ALONE has created for them to do.

When my children cry.......He cares....when my children laugh.......He laughs. When my children are afraid or worried He holds them too. I do not do it alone...for when I hold my children in my arms.......He is holding me......helping me be strong......He is my strength and my fortress.......and He wants to grow in me things I can only imagine so I can nurture the beautiful things He is growing in my children.

To God be the glory and praise for the wonderful creations He has made......in my children........my husband............and the blessings I have.