Friday, May 15, 2009

Sisters......

My sister gave me a book this week...a small book entitled "What Sisters Share"..and it contains thoughgs and memories of what sisters are to one another. In the margins of the book she wrote comments.....about our childhood...our sisterhood our lives together. Being a twin....we shared something......something beyond description or comprehension. The bond is eternal.......and began from the moment of conception since we are identical twins......we have always been together......even before we were actually conceived........together as the same egg......that then split too form two identical yet two entirely different human beings. Some would say that is a dichotomy...impossible.........but that is the thing with twins.......they have the same genetic make up.....but God puts into their souls a unique and individual spirit that makes them who they are.


As I read the book and watched my daughters.....I looked at the amazing bond they already have. What Hannah does.....Jennifer wants to do...begs to do....longs to do. This week Hannah had to have a shot to prepare for kindergarten coming in the fall. Jennifer started crying that she wants one too, so she can go to school. When I told her no...she was quite upset......but finally said "I hold sissy's hand when she get her shot"....ahh......love in action...holding your sister's hand during a shot. The nurse however, could not allow it for safety purposes.....but after the shot......Jennifer petted her sister and kissed her and said "it ell be ahhh right"...(it will be all right). Precious...I tell you...precious! I want my girls to have a deep bond and not rivalry.




When we do get a house....some say we should get the girls their own room...but they want to be with one another.......they want to share a room. I hear them at night swapping their baby secrets.......giggling and talking and sharing their lives...their day...their hopes and dreams........of course a very child like version but it is beautiful. My girls..........sisters that are growing a deep bond that is blossoming each day. Yes the days will come that they argue or disagree or even down right fight.......but what they share now is only the beginning.

I hope that one day......they will look back with the precious memories my sister and I hold.........and treasure their girl hood together. That the images brought up by being sisters will be that of love and fun.

Which brings me to yet another bond of sisterhood. Sisters born of the spirit. Born together because of the family of God. The connection through Jesus binds us together to be a support to love one another and to unite with women who may not believe in the Lord Jesus.....but to have a bond because we are women who have heartbreak and joy........who have triumph and tragedy but can share and bear one another's burdens. Our job as Christian women is to love all women, men, boys and girls with the love of Christ. That single mom some despise.......she is out sister too.......struggling to raise her child alone and feeling lonlier than we can ever imagine. That older lady......alone in the world and who wants to talk our ear off......because she is lonely.....she is our sister too. That lady who is lost in a world of sin, drugs...or whatever......she is our sister too......crying out.........crying out for someone to care that she is well her........a unique special individual that just needs someone to care. And our offers to help may be rejected......but we can still pray........pray that our light will shine into the dark world.......showing that true believers are people of love and not judgement.......people who understand that pain.......is the great equalizer.....for bad things happen to all......but if we can help each other triumph in tragedy perhaps....we can reach just one......just one for Jesus....and it will matter. So regardless of whether that woman God is dealing with you about is saved...unsaved......related or a stranger that keeps crossing your path......remember she is your sister.......for God created her......and He has a purpose and a plan for her that involves you.......or He would not lay her own your heart. God has laid someone on my heart..........and I plan to to somehow touch her life........even if she doesn't know that is what I am doing....I will pray for her daily and I will love her.......and hopefully I can help her through the trials she faces.........the harships she is walking through. I pray God will use me to love my sisters.......all of them...........blood kin or not.......let me reach them for Jesus.......and in doing so reach all those around me for my Lord.

2 comments:

Burkulater said...

Some of the greatest memories growing up were in a room with my sissy. It's a wonderful gift.

Unknown said...

amen.....I thank God knew I'd need someone special in my corner and that is why He gave me a twin sister