Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Things I have learned this past year

  • That a 3 year old can have a better sense of humor than any adult I know.
  • That I am not nor can I ever be super mom.
  • That people will always judge you and find you lacking but you don't have to listen to their judgements. That you can rise above what others thing and know that you are doing what you are supposed to do.
  • That 9 year old boys can be grumpy one second and a nano second later they are happy. They have faster mood swings than toddlers ever dreamed of having. And their moods do not always make sense.
  • That each year with my children and husband brings deeper love.
  • That God isn't finished with me, He hasn't given up on me, and He believes in me even when there are those in my life who don't seem to.
  • That pain of the heart does not last forever, but it can make you stronger.
  • That once again, prayer DOES work.
  • That you can have little in the monetary sense of the word but have much in love. (I did know that but it was shown to me again and again).
  • That miracles show up in unexpected places and ways.
  • That God's promises truly are new every morning. Once again, I knew that, but God shows it to me again and again. I love Him.
  • That friendship has a way of being like warm butter on hot toast, comforting and soothing.
  • That love is truly the root of contentment.
  • That a kindergartner sees life through different eyes. Eyes full of wonder and joy.

I will be adding to this list from time to time.

0 comments: