Friday, July 13, 2007

Update on the stone....

The stone has yet to make its appearance. Mike has been suffering for 3 days, the 1st one he passed the day all this started. This one, is hanging around. It was on a cat scan last night about 2 to 3 ml which is considered small. However, I have decided maybe we should name the sucker. Mike has to(sorry tmi) pee in a strainer trying to catch the dumb thing. Now who would have ever thought you had to do that. Not only is he in pain he has to watch for the stone. Hence, I think we should name the stone once it is "born". LOL. He has to take it to be analyzed. Poor guy is in agony. He was breathing like he was going through labor. I told him that contrary to popular belief according to my own personal experience, breathing does NOT work. It has been a while since he took pain meds. Don't know what he is trying to prove but I went and got him a pill and said TAKE IT. Men are horrid when they are sick or in pain. We women go through labor, child birth and/or c sections with much more grace then men go through pain. I KNOW he is in REAL pain, I realize that, but it makes me understand that in reality women are the stronger ones. We endure pain and keep caring for our families. When I was in hard labor with Jennifer, I still fixed the children's lunch, changed Hannah's diaper, and helped them with regular things. Even did some laundry while dh puttered around oblivious.....LOL. I am not upset by it, I actually find it humorus that men and women are so much different. I admire my husband for putting up with the pain and so far he has only been cranky a little bit. I am proud of him for that. Usually he bites when he is hurting, well not literally but with words. So I wonder what should we name the stone, when it finally makes its arrival? Should we have an arrival party? LOL LOL LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

get well soon mike!

Unknown said...

thanks......he is better..

Shawna said...

LOL How about Rocky????