Thursday, February 12, 2009

Minor Surgery...

I will have minor in office surgery next Thursday. It is to remove those lipomas I was referring to earlier.

A lipoma is:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



A lipoma is a benign tumor composed of fatty tissue. These are the most common form of soft tissue tumor.[1] Lipomas are soft to the touch, usually moveable, and are generally painless. Many lipomas are small (under one centimeter diameter) but can enlarge to sizes greater than six centimeters. Lipomas are commonly found in adults from 40 to 60 years of age, but can also be found in children. Some sources say that malignant transformation can occur,[2] while others claim that this has yet to be convincingly documented.[3]


The surgeon offered to do it in the operating room with sedation as well as local anesthetic. I said no.....I don't want or need to go to the operating room if it can be done in office. My children are quite impressed that mommy is going to "let" the doctor cut on her skin and give her "owies". I have one on my forearm which I thought they wold not take out...but the doctor said he would "take them out". So I guess I will be free of my lumps and bumps. YAY!. The one on my rib cage is sore. I will be glad when lumpy and bumpy are gone! Lumpy is sore and a real pain and bumpy is just ugly.

My darling husband is going to go with me to hold my hand. I think that is sweet! The percentage of chance for it being something bad is very small, almost non existent. So, I am not worried, just looking forward to having them gone and praying it does not leave me too sore.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Praying for you, Thelma. Isn't it fun turning 40 LOL

Unknown said...

thanks and yah........hormones change, weight doesnt go away......energy level non existent.......roflol