Friday, May 21, 2010

An angel got her wings..in loving memory of Miya Harris

This morning at 3:45 am, Miya, the little girl I used to babysit earned her wings.   She had received her liver transplant 2-3 weeks ago and has been fighting ever since.  This morning quietly and peacefully, her heart stopped beating and they could not bring her back.  She said goodbye to this world and hello to Jesus. 

Miya was a beautiful precious child.  She loved singing and dancing.  She loved to say "I love you more". 

On this side of heaven we can not understand why she had to suffer so and why the liver transplant took place only for her to go home to heaven.

Alagille's syndrome caused her liver to fail but it did not hamper her sweet spirit.  She touched the lives of everyone she met.  We are forever left with a Miya shaped imprint on our hearts.  We loved you Miya.  We will miss you, but we will see you again.  Dance for Jesus my sweet girl, dance pain free, dance and sing with all your might cause now my sweet girl you are free.  Miss Thelma loves you.

5 comments:

Ben & Sara Huelsbergen said...

We were very saddened to hear the news about Miya. Alagille Syndrome can be a very cruel disease. It makes no sense why some of the most innocent are taken so young after putting up a valiant battle, while others live well into adulthood with the same afflictions. Some of the mysteries of life we may never comprehend.
If you still have contact with Miya's family please pass on our condolences, the loss of a child changes you forever and challenges you to become stronger. I pray that they have the strength and support to have guidance through these troubled times.
Peace, Ben

PS: Thanks for still checking Olivia's site every once in a while. I probably will only post on anniversary dates now... a hard one coming up on Aug 16th.

Unknown said...

thanks so much. I will keep watching Olivia's site. Your blog about her sweet life helped me with Miya. To have loved children like Olivia and Miya.......is to have loved, played and held angels. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

p.s. I will pass on your condolences.

Unknown said...

I guess it's been a while, but pass on my condolences too. I ran across this blog through Ben and Sarah's. My baby boy, Blake earned his wings today b/c of AGS. <3

Unknown said...

Sheila thanks for stoping by. I am so sorry for your loss. Wish they could find a way to cure these syndromes that take sweet babies so young. You are in my thoughts and prayers.