Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In the Trenches

I have come to the conclusion that the enemy of our souls has waged an all out battle,more so than ever before, for marriages and families.  As a Christian...sister, wife and mother...my job is to battle in the trenches.  I must fight against what I can not see and that is done, most humbling...on your knees.  We are armor bearers.  Armor bearers do not get glory or fame or often any recognition....BUT they are warriors.  the armor bearers has to bring the soldier his replacement weapons and armor in the most dire of circumstances.  We are that...we are warriors and armor bearers.  The armor bearer must be strong of faith and character because to stand up in the midst of battle to bring the soldier what he needs is not easy. 

That being said...yes we are warriors too.  God has us wearing many hats as it were.  Sometimes, He has us fulfilling the armor bearer role.  But there are times...our commander and chief calls us out and puts us on the front lines.  It is those times that having been fighting in the trenches as the armor bearer comes in to play.  It is those times God uses us to fight because He has prepared us in the trench. 

The trench isn't pretty.  It is lonely at times, ugly and sometimes it is stinky.  Thing is sometimes we choose to bring stuff into our trench that limits us and fills our trench with stuff that makes our conditions worse. 

Our commander and chief supplies everything we need for the battle.  We do not have to bring anything.  He supplies it all.  We get into trouble when we try to fulfill our needs for battle by ourselves.

So I stand up and say God use me where you want me...whether it is on the front lines or in the trenches...but let me do it for YOUR glory with what  YOU supply.  Help me stand in your grace and fight on my knees or stand up in full battle armor when you call me to it...with no fear but the strength of God flowing through my veins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully said...

Unknown said...

thank you.